Skip to main content
A Note from Your Librarian
Drew has an excellent collection of United Nations materials, dating back to the UN's founding in 1946. Records of the General Assembly, the Security Council, Committee Records, and assorted annual publications (yearbooks, indexes, economic reports) can be found online and in Level A (moving shelves) of the University Library. And, as always, the librarians are happy to answer any questions you may have about the collection.
When looking for United Nations Documents, two excellent places to start your search are the UN's Online Collection and the UN Digital Library.
A single entry point for UN statistical databases.
Official Documents of the United Nations
ODS covers all types of official UN documentation published since 1993, resolutions of the General Assembly, Security Council, Economic & Social Council and Trusteeship Council from 1946 forward. Also links to the old version of ODS, for those familiar with the UN documentation system.
United Nations Audiovisual Library of International Law
The Audiovisual Library is a unique, multimedia resource which provides the United Nations with the unprecedented capacity to provide high quality international law training and research materials to an unlimited number of recipients on a global level. The Audiovisual Library consists of three pillars: (1) the Historic Archives containing documents and audiovisual materials relating to the negotiation and adoption of significant legal instruments under the auspices of the United Nations and related agencies since 1945; (2) theLecture Series featuring a permanent collection of lectures on virtually every subject of international law given by leading international law scholars and practitioners from different countries and legal systems; and (3) theResearch Library providing an on-line international law library with links to treaties, jurisprudence, publications and documents, scholarly writings and research guides. The Audiovisual Library is available to all individuals and institutions around the world for free via the Internet.
United Nations Climate Change Portal
Searchable reports (including the "Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change"), research findings, and other U.N. documents relating to global climate change. Some documents available in other languages, e.g. Arabic, Chinese, French, and more.
United Nations Statistics Division
• United Nations Statistics Division
Access Social and Demographic statistics, and the Commodity Trade Statistics Database (UN Comtrade)
General Overview of Materials at Drew
here are four main types of UN documents:
- Sales Publications
- Official Records
- Masthead or working documents
The Drew UN Collection contains:
- Several UN periodicals are incorporated into the main periodical collection. Search the catalog for specific titles. Several periodicals are also available online via UN bodies or organizations.
- Various sales publications. Recent sales publications are found in the main book collection. Older publications are shelved on C-Level in the UN collection.
- Official Records. Official Records volumes are listed in the catalog. Official Records are shelved on C-Level in the UN collection, in document symbol order.
- General Assembly 1946 - 2007 GA/OR - current and older documents are also available online from ODS and UNBISnet.
- Social and Economic Council 1946 - 2007 ECOSOC/OR - current and older documents are also available online from ODS and UNBISnet.
- Security Council 1946 – 2002 SC/OR
- Trusteeship Council 1947-1995 TC/OR
- Trade and Development Board 1965-1991 TD/OR
- Working documents are available online from 1993 onward from ODS and UNBISnet.
- Additionally, there are relevant reference books in the Reference collection in the main floor of the library devoted to United Nations issues: Ref 341.23
Questions? Need Help? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Drew University Library, http://www.drew.edu/library