Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- A list of United Nations ambassadors, delegates and supporting diplomatic staff by country can be found in the Permament Missions to the United Nations. A print copy of Permament Missions to the United Nations is shelved in the Reference collection: Ref 341.233 U58p (yr).
- Information about delegates is available online from 1993 onward on the ODS database. Go to ODS Advanced, type in the following document symbol number in the symbol search box: st/sg/ser.a/ and type in the phrase "permanent missions to the united nations" in the words of the title search box. Archived digital versions of the Permanent Missions to the United Nations can be found in this database; limit your search by year for best results.
- Refer to the ODS Advanced User Guide for help with this database.
Speeches by delegates
- UNBISnet provides a database of speeches delivered at the various bodies of the United nations, including the General Assembly, the Security Council, the Economic and Social Countil and the Trusteeship Council.
- Scroll down to Index to Speeches and opt for New Keyword Search.
- From this page, you can search by a speaker's name, a country or organization of origin, topics, speech dates and more. Choose your options from the drop down menus in the search boxes.
- To find speeches given in the General Assembly, limit your search to General Assembly in the Limits box.
- See the UNBISnet User Guide for help with this database.
Questions? Need Help? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Drew University Library, http://www.drew.edu/library