Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Activate Your Pass
What is an academic pass?
- Access to the NYT digital edition via website or mobile app
- Available to all Drew students, faculty and staff on nytimes.com
- Available on and off campus with your Drew email
How do you register?
- Go to accessnyt.com
- In the "Find School " box, enter Drew University
- Click on :Create account
- Complete registration using your drew.edu email address
- Create a password
- IMPORTANT STEP!! Check your email for an activation link from the NY Times, and click on it to activate your pass
- Navigate to nytimes.com
How long does the pass last?
- The pass is good for one year. YOU MUST RENEW YOUR PASS EACH YEAR!
- To renew:
- Go back to accessnyt.com and select "log in here"
- If you need to reset the password, go to NYTimes.com/forgot
- Login with the same username and password that you registered with
- IMPORTANT STEP!! Check your email for an activation link from the NY Times, and click on it to activate your pass.
New York Times Digital Edition
Drew University Faculty, students and staff have free access to the NY Times.com online edition courtesy of the Library. Content includes articles published from 1851-1922, and between 1981 and the present. Access to the years 1923-1980 is limited to 5 articles per 24 hour period.
Go to nytimes.com. Login with your drew email and the password you created. Once logged in, you can stay logged every time you access the site.
Other ways to access the New York Times
Available in other databases:
- A print copy of today's New York Times is available in the atrium section of level C (the main level) in the Library.
- The past 2 months' print copies are available right behind the newspapers in the atrium, on the shelves. See a Library staff member for help finding it.
- Microfilm of New York Times from 1857- 2015 is available on level A.
The New York Times has apps for:
- iPhone, iPad, iPod touch
- Kindle Fire
- Windows 8
- Windows Phone
Download apps at the New York Times Mobile apps site. After installing the app, log in with your Drew email and the password you used when you first activated your NYT account.
Electronic Resources Librarian
Questions? Need Help? Email email@example.com
Drew University Library, http://www.drew.edu/library