Skip to Main Content
Academic Video Online
Academic Video Online offers a wide range of platform tools for learning, research, and teaching, including:
- Transcripts. Users view searchable, scrolling transcripts alongside many titles and continue to be added monthly.
- Clipping functionality. Users can easily create, annotate, and share video clips and playlists, and can embed them in third-party sites.
- HD-quality player. A video player with a 16:9 aspect ratio that streams up to 2.5 mbps allows for optimized high-definition viewing.
- Comprehensive permissions. Our platform enables in-class, on-campus, and remote viewing.
All content in Academic Video Online is also searchable in the Library catalog
Public Performance Rights
Films available in Academic Video Online include limited public performance rights, which includes permission for classroom showings, as well as public screenings, as long as no admission is being charged.*
WE ENCOURAGE TO SEARCH FOR APPROPRIATE FILMS IN THIS PLATFORM FOR YOUR CLASSES. THERE IS NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE FOR THESE FILMS
How to use the site
Searching the site
This LibGuide from Proquest shows how to search the site for films. You will want to search "Current Channel" which is our subscribed content, Academic Video Online.
On-Demand Audio Described Video Now Available
We’re proud to be adding audio description to selected titles in Academic Video Online! The first of its kind in the academic market, our On-Demand Audio Description Program includes:
- 20 of our highest-used videos audio described, to kick start the program
- If you have a student who needs an accommodation, libraries may request audio-description through Product Manager Sarah Brennan, which will then be added to Academic Video Online within 2 weeks, AT NO CHARGE.
- Available in Academic Video Online and ProQuest One Academic
Questions? Need Help? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Drew University Library, http://www.drew.edu/library