Skip to Main Content
Finding Books at Drew
Use keyword search to find books - both print and e - owned by Drew:
Drew Library Catalog This link opens in a new window
Search for Drew-owned books, ebooks, films, special collections, government documents and other resources. See our Locate LibGuide for instructions.
Using the Library Catalog
The Library catalog includes our books, special collections, government documents, and many other materials.
Once you're in the catalog, you can combine terms in the basic Subject Search
Search by keyword, or limit to title, author or subject using the drop down menus.
- Use quotation marks around phrases: "Civil war," "social justice," "economic growth"
- The Drop-down menus next to the keywords boxes allow you to limit your search to author, title, etc.
- Use the pub year boxes to limit to items published within a certain time period.
- use the drop down menus to limit searches, such as limiting to language-- items in English--, or location-- such as books on the library shelves that you may check out.
Entries in the catalog
- Display the title, author, publication information for the item
- Show the part of the library or collection and the call number for the item *
- * if there are multiple copies in different collections, you may have to click on the title to see the list
- Link to the electronic version of an item, if there is one.
- Have a check box so you can select them to add to your kept list (be sure to choose "add selected items to kept list" and then print/email them before starting a new search
- Show if the book is checked out, and give you an opportunity to recall it.
Advanced catalog search (part 1)
You can also use advanced search (link in the center of the search box) to find lists titles, author names, subject headings that include, or begin with specific terms:
Searching for subject headings containing women and history:
Advanced catalog search (part 2)
Searching for titles beginning with Hamlet (note that left to right is checked).
Clicking on the subject, title, etc. that is displayed brings up all the related items.
Questions? Need Help? Email email@example.com
Drew University Library, http://www.drew.edu/library